Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Costco

Costco always creates a mixed experience for me. When I walk into Costco the first thing I look at are all the enormous televisions they have on display. I'm always mesmerized by their size and how bright the picture looks.  Then as I walk down the same path every time I walk by the clothes towards the food section. In the food area, the first thing I do is look for samples. I always try all of them especially if I'm hungry. Having samples there is a great idea and improves the Costco experience. There have been many times that after I try something I buy it then or on another visit. Even if I don't like the sample it still makes shopping more fun when you can try something new. After looking through all the food and getting every sample possible I head for the lines. This is when the experience changes. The lines are always enormously long! Then comes the challenge of trying to chose the shortest and fastest line. Sometimes my husband and I get competitive and we see who can pick the best line. Then we each stand in a different line to see who can get to the register first. Once we get to the register we stand there and watch the cashier ring up our bill. For some reason the bill is always more expensive than we expect. After leaving the register we head for the exit door. As we get close to the door every one starts to slow down because we have to get our receipt checked. For some reason though people always stop and make one line for one person at the door even though there's two people checking receipts. So then we always walk to the second door checker and then others will follow. After leaving Costco we head to the parking lot and try to remember where we parked.  Sometimes we stay and eat at the snack bar too. I always love going to Costco. Despite the frustrating long lines the workers are always happy and helpful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment