This past weekend my best friend from elementary school came to visit with her husband from California. Since I'm the one that moved away I'm always the one friend going to visit everyone back in California. Now that we have a bigger house people are now starting to come visit us. It was so much fun having time with my school friend. We usually talk on the phone a couple times a week but it's so different when you can actually share your life with them for a few days. Now when we talk on the phone we can picture everything in our heads. Having visitors is definitely more tiring than people think. When we have visitors we make it a point to go to the beach or go to tourist locations to hang out. My friend was very jealous of all the things we did but I had to remind her that this is definitely not what we do every day. We usually are working and being responsible and don't have much time to just lounge at the beach all day. We got to take them out and teach them how to surf in Waikiki, go hiking through Manoa Falls, and go exploring on the North Shore. These were just a few things we did but it was just a great feeling to have such a close friend here. It makes me feel so comfortable and at home. I think it's funny how when you see someone you have known for a long time you just revert back to the way you behave with each other. We are definitely like sisters since we grew up together. :-) It was one of the best weekends I've ever had.

No comments:
Post a Comment